Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Anticipation

Day 90!

So today is the day. After many years and several failed attempts at sticking to a weight  loss program, today is the day I have chosen to make the committment. It is the day I start my workout regimen and say goodbye to the foods that have taunted and abused me for so long. Goodbye to unnecessary sugar, unnecessary carbs, unnecessary dairy and to the other delicious, but HORRIBLE coping foods to which I used to turn. Oh yeah… and goodbye alcohol… for a while. But in return I can say hello health, hello better feeling me, hello to WHAT I DESERVE. That statment alone feels so good to own.  

The truth is, I’m crazy nervous. I’m nervous about how hard it will be, how embarrassing it will be when I can’t do certain workouts and mostly, what will happen (or not happen) if I don’t see this through. I have ALWAYS given in to my cravings and bad habits when things get rough. All I have to do is wake up tired and it’s over. So what am I going to do to change it this time? How will I keep myself motivated? I am yet to find these answers. I’m half hoping this blog will play a big part. But for now, it’s one day at a time; constantly reassuring myself that I’m ready for this and that it’s worth it.  

I haven’t done my first workout yet, but I will soon. I will post tomorrow about how it goes along with how tomorrow’s workout goes as well. And I’m going to be brutally honest with myself. No hiding it from anyone. This is how I will be held accountable. 

And here we go…  

No comments: